Outside Maintenance for Fall
Here's a quick list of things that are important to do during the fall, in preparation for winter:
1. Make sure your gutters and drains are clear. If this doesn't happen, your gutters may sag due to the weight of water, leaves, and other debris.
2. Go onto your roof and clean all the leaves and needles off. This will help extend the life of your roof.
3. Disconnect your garden hose from outside taps. When it freezes, a connected hose can push water and ice into the tap and split it.
4. Make sure the siding on your house is at least 4 inches away from the ground.
5. Trim all your trees and shrubs away from your house.